-- Click a Question to display the Answer --

Where do I pay my water bill?
You may pay the water bill during business hours between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday, at City Hall, 141 Depot Street, Bloomfield, Ky. Or, mail your payment with your billing stub to PO Box 204, Bloomfield, KY 40008. You may also drop payment and billing stub, after hours, in the drop box on the side of our building.

When is my water bill due?
Payments are due on the 15th of each month by midnight. Payment after the 15th prompts a 10% late fee added to the base amount and, under certain circumstances, non-payment may create cause for a "water turn-off" and the homeowner responsible for unpaid bill and disconnect/reconnect fee.

Is there a disconnect /reconnect fee charged for water turn-off and turn-on? If so, how much?
Yes, there is a $25.00 disconnect/reconnect fee.

Who do I contact if I have a water emergency such as a water leak?
You may call our office staff at 502-252-8222 during business hours. You may call 502-249-0744 or 502-249-0741 after business hours.

Does the Bloomfield Water System take a charge card and/or debit card as payment of water bills?

Does the Bloomfield Water System offer automatic payment for water bills?
Yes, call 502-252-8222 for more information.

How do I sign up for water and sewer service at an existing residence?
Come by City Hall at 141 Depot Street and fill out an application and pay a $100 deposit, refundable after one year of excellent payment history.

I'm planning to build, how do I sign up for water and sewer connection?
Come to City Hall and fill out an application for water and sewer taps, sign an agreement of terms and conditions, and pay tap-on fees and system development charges. A physical address where the water meter will be installed is required.

If I am a renter of property, how do I have the water turned on?
The homeowner (landlord) is responsible for having the water turned on (and off) and for payment of the bill. The bill is addressed to the homeowner (landlord). If arrangements are made between the Homeowner and Renter, make sure a billing stub accompanies any payment to ensure proper payment is applied to the correct billing address.

Is garbage service provided in the city limits of Bloomfield?
Current non-exclusive contract has been signed between the City of Bloomfield and Waste Management, Louisville. Effective March 1, 2015 through February 28, 2017 the rate is $11.23 per month and billed on the water bill. Garbage must be set at the curb before 6:30 am each week on Wednesday.

Does the City have recycling?
The city does not have curbside recycling, however the County provides a dumpster for cardboard, and paper. This drop-off point is centrally located across from City Hall located at 141 Depot Street.

When is the next Bloomfield City Council meeting?
The second Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m. (EST) at the Bloomfield Fire House.

How do I obtain an accident report from the Bloomfield Police Department?
Accident reports will be available at Bloomfield City Hall during business hours at a minimum of 10 days from the date of the accident. The cost of each copy of the report is $2.00.

Does the City of Bloomfield have a police department? If so, if I have an emergency who do I call?
Yes, the City now has two part-time POPS certified police officers. For emergency call 911. For non-emergency call Nelson County Dispatch at 502-348-3211.

Can I burn in the City limits of the City of Bloomfield?
Any time you burn in Nelson County you would call Nelson County Central Dispatch to learn of fire bans for the different seasons and report your "control burn" so that departments won't be dispatched unnecessarily and possible fines incurred. The number is 502-348-3600.
Copyright © 2008- by the City of Bloomfield
- Bloomfield, Kentucky -
502.252.5235 (phone) - 502.252.9013 (fax)